9 mins read
New York-based Plated was one of the first meal delivery services to be launched. Now, it is one of the most successful, servicing easy and delicious meals to 95% of the continental US.
Plated is committed to helping busy professionals cook varied and healthy food hassle-free. Amateur cooks will be able to serve new dishes every day without compromising on flavor or nutrition.
- High customizability
- Gluten-free and low-carb options
- Hormone-free and attention for organic ingredients
- Starts at less than $10 per serving
- No breakfast or snack options
- No diabetes menu
- Busy families and professionals who enjoy cooking
- Vegetarians and people with dietary requirements
Popular Meals on Plated Right Now
Only with Plated
Quality and health are key for Plated: all their meats are hormone and antibiotic-free and, whenever possible, their fish is sustainably sourced and organic ingredients are preferred. Moreover, all recipes are designed with seasonability in mind and leftover ingredients are regularly donated to food banks.
The best part of ordering a Plated-prepared meal delivery to your door is its high customizability, virtually unmatched by the competition.
Each Plated meal plan will give you access to all the recipes on the weekly menu. The difference is in quantity as the plans are divided by the number of servings.
You can choose plans for 2, 3 or 4 servings per night. Each plan will also give you the chance to receive meals for 2, 3 or 4 nights of the week. You can change your plan at any time.
If you would still like some inspiration, Plated has created some fun personality pairings. Go online to find out what the best recipes are for world travelers, food bloggers, and tired parents. The blog will also give you great ideas to make sure no dinner is ever the same.
If flexibility is not what you are looking for, check out our other meal delivery service reviews to find the best match for your needs.
How Does Plated Work?
Plated makes meal prep easy. Just follow these simple steps to start receiving their best recipes:
- Sign up. Insert your email address and location. Since Plated delivers across 95% of the continental US, chances are you will be able to receive your first box straight away. Choose the delivery day that works best for you.
- Pick your meals. Choose your favorite meals from the more than 20 weekly recipes. If you have allergies or dietary requirements, you will be able to easily single out the dishes that work for you.
- Find your food basket on your doorstep. With Plated, you can choose the delivery day you prefer. Boxes are dropped between 8 am and 8 pm and no signature is required.
The packaging is made of cardboard, jute, and denim — all entirely recyclable. The insulation materials and gel packs will keep your food fresh even if you are not home. Remember that the gel packs are reusable.
- Cook your meals. Printed recipe cards are included in your box but also available online. All the ingredients (including spices) are easily grouped according to the different recipes and easily recognizable. You will only need pans, pots, and pantry staples such as salt, pepper, vegetable oil and eggs. If you need more information about your meals, consult their weekly menus online: you will find detailed ingredients and calorie estimates, as well as the name of the chef who came up with the recipe.
Types of Menus
Plated is all about flexibility. That is why there is no specific meal plan that will limit your options. You can pick special meals such as vegetarian or gluten-free any time you want and over 20 weekly recipes are available to you. The great news is that, unlike most meal delivery providers, this includes dessert.
- Family-friendly. Quick, easy, and healthy. The kids will love it.
- Meat. For those who want to make sure to include animal protein in their diet.
- Seafood. All the healthy fatty acids coming from the ocean.
- Vegetarian. The best and freshest seasonal plants only.
- Popular recipe. Dishes so good that they won the hearts of most eaters.
- Low-calorie. Your best choice if you are trying to lose weight and follow a balanced diet without compromising on flavor.
- No-gluten ingredients. Living gluten-free is hard: expensive ingredients, boring recipes or processed ready meals. Plated will do the hard work for you and ensure you can enjoy mouthwatering gluten-free recipes every week.
- Low-carb. The best proteins and veggies to give you the energy you need without the bloating.
- Stovetop-only. Not everyone has a huge kitchen and the time to let things roast in the oven. These recipes make it really easy for amateur cooks to serve fantastic meals — many wholesome dishes take only 20 minutes!
- Dessert. Definitely one of our favorites. Every week, you will be able to choose between at least 2 sweet treats the like of pecan pie and pear and almond crumble.
- Spicy. For lovers of bold flavors.
- Food allergies. All ingredients are clearly listed online so that you know what’s in the box before you buy it. All packaging is handled in the same establishment so Plated cannot guarantee that contamination will be avoided.
What People Are Saying
We ordered our first box this week and so far we’re absolutely loving it! The recipes are very easy and it’s fun to unpack and prepare the meals as a family.
Thanks to Plated, I reduced my food waste and saved on groceries. I’m definitely satisfied.
Very tasty and easy. Customer service is very helpful too.
Plated plans are overall within the average market price range — although the 2-serving plan is slightly more expensive. The more servings you order, the less you will have to pay. Discounts are applied to your first order and delivery is free for boxes over $60.
|Meal Type||Price per Serving|
|2 Servings per night||$11.95|
|3 Servings per night||$9.95|
|4 Servings per night||$9.95|
The helpful FAQ list on Plated’s website will clear most doubts you might have. You can also call or email their customer service team. The contact details are:
Phone — 855-525-2399 Email — email@example.com
Plated is a popular meal delivery service with a wide range of choices in their menu. Their great flexibility makes this service perfect for cooks who want to be in charge of their food choices. You will be able to pick any recipe on all plans and select the delivery day you prefer.