8 mins read
What’s the best way to enjoy your golden years? Do you picture yourself traveling, hiking, or throwing birthday parties for your grandkids? Whatever your idea of the perfect retirement is, one thing is certain: you’ll need to take care of your health in order to do the things you love.
Convinced that ‘we are what we eat,’ the minds behind BistroMD created SilverCuisine, a special meal delivery service specifically designed with the nutritional needs of people over 50 in mind.
Whether you are starting to feel like grocery shopping and standing on your feet prepping is tiring or you want to ensure that a loved one eats balanced and health-friendly meals every day, SilverCuisine is the meal box for seniors that you are looking for.
- Various specific diet-friendly meals available
- No membership fee
- No minimum subscription
- Meals arrive frozen
- Not available in Alaska and Hawaii
- Seniors who want to eat healthier but cannot cook or/and do the shopping
- Seniors with specific nutritional needs (diabetic, heart-healthy, low sodium, vegetarian, etc.)
Popular Meals on SilverCuisine Right Now
Only with SilverCuisine
You can trust SivlerCuisine with your nutritional health and that of your loved ones. Each recipe is designed by Caroline J. Cederquist, M.D., and includes lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats — just the perfect balance to provide excellent nutrition for people 50 years of age and up.
All meals are then hand-prepared by expert chefs and frozen to ensure best freshness and flavor.
SilverCuisine meal boxes for seniors have no limit or restrictions. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks are all covered in their menu. You won’t have to pay for a minimum number of meals — order as little or as much as you want.
The boxes are shipped everywhere in the continental U.S. via FedEx and usually arrive within 2-5 business days once the order is placed.
How Does SilverCuisine Work?
Placing your first order will take less than you imagine and won’t require special tech skills. The menu is complete with pictures and easy to navigate.
Here’s how to get your senior meal delivery to your door:
- Browse the menu and choose your preferred meals. There are more than 150 options, from bagel to tortellini.
- Order your box. You can do that online or by calling the customer service team.
- Receive the box of goodies at your doorstep and enjoy them with your family.
- Re-order at your convenience. There is no ongoing commitment and you can choose when to order again.
Types of Menus
Not all bodies are the same and neither are dietary needs. Whether you are affected by diabetes or need dinners your cardiologist would approve of, SilverCuisine has the solution. Here are the SilverCuisine menus for seniors with special dietary needs:
- Heart healthy. These recipes follow the American Heart Association's (AHA) recommendations for calories, sodium, total fat and saturated fat. They include less than 600mg of sodium and less than 3.5 grams of saturated fat to support heart health.
- Gluten-free. All meals match the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gluten-free standard (20 ppm or less) and do not contain wheat, rye or barley.
- Diabetic. The in-house SilverCuisine physician made sure that these meals help maintain optimal blood glucose levels and contain 25 grams or less of NET carbohydrates each.
- Low sodium. Each meal contains 600 milligrams or less of sodium, well below the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommendation of 2,300 milligrams per day.
- Low carb. You will not find more than 25g of NET carbohydrates in these recipes.
- Menopause. These recipes were designed with women going through menopause in mind. They are nutritionally and scientifically balanced, focusing on lean proteins and reduced carbohydrates to support hormone regulation.
- Dairy-free. All meals in this category are free of dairy products.
- Mediterranean. A whole menu using the healthy and vibrant ingredients preferred by Mediterranean cultures.
- Vegetarian. No meat or poultry, only delicious seafood and plant-based recipes.
SilverCuisine meals are very reasonably priced, with many mains below $10. We were also pleased to find out that there are no membership fees nor ongoing obligations. Simply order and pay for what you need. Shipping is always $19.95.
They also often run special deals and promotions. Since SilverCuisine’s mission is to make nutrition easy and fun for all seniors, they partnered with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). All AARP members enjoy dedicated discounts
The SilverCuisine customer service team is helpful and professional. You can **call them at 844-404-3663 to place your order via phone or clear any doubts you may have.
Moreover, they can assist with special dietary requests or even set up a recurring order for you in case you plan to be using SilverCuisine for multiple weeks.
SilverCuisine is really a one-of-a-kind meal delivery provider. Their scientific and doctor-approved approach, their passion for making dinnertime easier and more varied for seniors as well as their affordable prices are difficult to find elsewhere. Moreover, we were impressed with the flexibility of their menus and the no-commitment orders.
But there is no one-fits-all recipe. Perhaps you’d like to have a team of expert choose your weekly menu or on the opposite, enjoy taking matters into your own hands and spending some time in the kitchen. Either way, there is a meal box for you. Read our meal delivery service reviews now to find out which one.
What People Are Saying
My father has never really been a cook and now that he’s alone, I was worried that he wouldn’t bother taking care of his diet. I can really see the change SilverCuisine has made: he’s excited about choosing his meals and his overall energy has improved.
I love SilverCuisine! It’s quick and easy and I never get bored. I’ve got so much more time to do what I love now.
You won’t believe how much difference what you eat can make. Letting SilverCuisine take care of most of my meals not only cleaned my schedule but also made me feel stronger and healthier. Thank you!