Best Senior Meal Delivery Services
As we age, dietary needs change and grocery shopping and cooking can become more challenging. These delicious meal delivery service providers for seniors will make your life easier.
- Cyber Monday Deal: Get all Meals and Snacks up to 40% off!
- Meals that are tailored to seniors with different diet requirements
- Special AARP discounts
SilverCuisine is the meal delivery service specifically designed with the nutritional needs of people over 50 in mind.
- No membership fee and no minimum subscription
- Doctor-approved for senior diet
- Meals freshly cooked by chefs
- Cyber Monday Deal $90 Off
- Easy-to-make meals
- Healthy recipes that are senior-friendly
HomeChef offers recipes that are ready in less than 30 minutes. Choose between plenty of senior-friendly options every week.
- Senior-friendly snacks and 5-minute lunches also on the menu
- Starting at less than $10 per serving
- Local and organic ingredients whenever possible
- No shopping needed
- 35$ off in the first order
- First delivery free
- Senior-friendly meals ready in minutes
SunBasket focuses on varied menu choices and organic ingredients. Choose your favorite meals suitable for seniors
- Organic, healthy ingredients
- Vegetarian, keto, low-carb meals are on the menu too
- Local senior-friendly ingredients whenever possible
- Never get bored with 18 weekly recipes
- Cyber Monday Deal: $50 off your first 4 weeks of chef-prepared meals!
- Certified gluten-free
- Already cooked meals
Freshly meals only need three minutes in the microwave and are certified peanut and gluten-free
- Most Freshly recipes are under 500 calories
- List of 85 banned ingredients that Freshly promises to never use
- The more meals you order, the cheaper the servings get
- You can choose between 30+ dishes each week
- Starting at only $4.99 per serving
- 24/7 customer support in case you need help
- 3 senior-friendly dinners covered
Order affordable and diet-friendly meals directly to your door.
- You're the boss: choose betweem 5 new recipes every week
- Healthy meals ready in minutes
- Pause your subscription at any time
- Easy-to-follow recipes
- $90 off!
- Meals suitable for seniors that are ready in under 30 minutes
- Market leader
The most popular meal delivery service in the US offers delicious and affordable senior-friendly meal boxes.
- Recipes for seniors that don't require expert cooking skills
- Low-carb, family, vegetarian, quick, and other options available
- 15 recipes every week
- Affordable plans and special offers
- Cyber Monday Deal: Get 35% off & Free Shipping on your first week
- Weight-loss frozen meals suitable for seniors
- All meals are health-conscious
BistroMD is the complete meal delivery weight loss plan suitable for seniors, cardiopatics, diabetics and more.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks: all is included
- In-house dieticians
- Heart-healthy, diabetes, gluten-free, menopause plans
Staying Healthy after 60
Staying healthy is the best way to make sure that you enjoy your golden years at their best — whether to you that means spending time with your family or sailing solo across the Mediterranean. And of course, you already know what makes a healthy lifestyle: a balanced diet and physical activity.
Eating a varied diet is essential to make sure you feed all the best nutrients to your body. Here are some of the most important ones to focus on as you age:
- Fruits & veggies. Fresh, frozen, canned … they all count. Dark green vegetables are a great source of essential minerals and antioxidants that are beneficial to your immune system, heart, and eyes.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids. These fatty acids are especially important for seniors as they prevent inflammation that can cause heart diseases, arthritis, and even cancer. Moreover, they can slow down Macular Degeneration, a common degenerative condition that affects sight. You can find them in fish like salmon and sardines and in soybeans and walnuts.
- Calcium and vitamin D. Keep your bones strong with these nutrients found mainly in dairy products.
All this can feel overwhelming for many senior citizens. Age and medications can reduce appetite and meals start to look (and taste) always the same. Moreover, decreased mobility makes it hard or even impossible to stand for long periods of time cooking or carrying groceries. That’s where meal delivery services can help.
What Is a Meal Kit Delivery?
Is it hard to find inspiration for new senior-friendly recipes every week? Do you feel that grocery shopping is a challenge? Are you tired of spending 1+ hours in the kitchen every night? Meal kit deliveries seek to fix all of the above.
Meal delivery service companies strive to make sure that cooking delicious and healthy meals is fun and stress-free for everyone, from experienced cooks to amateurs. Imagine, every week, you will receive prepared meals delivered to your door including a box containing everything you need in order to prepare a gourmet meal in fast-food time:
Fresh ingredients Spices Easy-to-follow recipe cards Nutritional information and wine pairing suggestions
All you have to do is order your favorite recipes from the online menu, wait for the box of goodies and follow the instructions. The best part? Most dishes will be ready in under 30 minutes.
Meal Kits for Seniors
The best meal boxes for seniors can really change the way you look at cooking. Not only their carefully-designed menus make it tastier and easier to get all the nutrients you need but their simple recipes will also ensure that you have a stress-free time in the kitchen.
If you’re seeking variety, the best meal boxes for seniors are those that offer a plethora of menu options taking into account different dietary requirements. With SunBasket, for example, you can choose anything from pescatarian to gluten-free, paleo, and diabetes-friendly.
Do you find it difficult to cook? All HelloFresh meals are ready in 6 simple steps clearly written on the recipe card you’ll find in the box.
If you prefer, there are many meal delivery kits for seniors that will ship freshly cooked, already-ready delicious dishes to your door. Simply heat them up for a few minutes and enjoy. One of our favorites is Balance by BistroMD — their chefs concocted a whole menu designed with the dietary needs of women experiencing menopause.