Tasty meals made easy.
Your favorite dishes in minutes. There's a meal kit for you, guaranteed.
Last Update: November 2019
- $30 off first order + $10 off the second
- Free delivery over $45
- 5-minute lunches available
HomeChef offers recipes that are ready in less than 30 minutes and uses local and organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Starting at less than $10 per serving
- Diet and allergen-friendly
- Snack options available
- Local and organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 26 amazing meals to choose from each week
- The most affordable meal kit service on the market
- $20 discount
- Choose your delivery day
Unbeatable prices, easy recipes, flexible delivery. What else do you need?
- Ready in <30 minutes
- Reduced packaging
- Kid-friendly menu
- One-pot recipes available
Freshly meals only need three minutes in the microwave and are certified peanut and gluten-free
- Most Freshly recipes are under 500 calories
- List of 85 banned ingredients that Freshly promises to never use
- The more meals you order, the cheaper the servings get
- You can choose between 30+ dishes each week
- Starting at only $4.99 per serving
- Pause your subscription at any time
- Recyclable packaging
EveryPlate is revolutionizing meal box deliveries with an incredible $4.99 flat fee.
- Student discounts
- 24/7 customer support
- 3 dinners covered
- 5 unique recipes every week
- $80 off ($20 for 4 Weeks)
- Nutritionally Balanced & Portion-Controlled for Weight-Loss
- FREE Health Coaching with Every Meal Plan
Diet-To-Go makes weight loss easy with healthy, ready-to-eat meals delivered fresh to your door weekly.
- 4 Delicious Menus, Over 500 Meal Choices
- Chef-Prepared, Ready-to-Eat Meals
- Ranked #1 for Taste by Epicurious.com
- Vegetarian, Keto, and Diabetic Plans Available
- No Commitment - Pause or Restart Anytime
- $80 off ($20 for 4 Weeks)
- Nutritionally Packed & Portion-Controlled
- Convenient & Delicious Healthy Eating for Busy Lifestyles
Freshology has perfected the formula that makes healthy eating for busy lifestyles possible– get fresh and healthy delivered to your door.
- Chef-Prepared, Ready to Eat Meals, Delivered Fresh
- 4 Delicious Menus & Over 500 Meal Choices
- Vegetarian, No-Seafood, Keto, and Diabetic Plans Available
- Flexible Delivery to Your Home, Office or Pick-Up Location
- No Commitment - Pause or Restart Anytime
- $90 off + Free Delivery!
- Market leader
- 6 step-recipes ready in less than 30 minutes
The most popular meal delivery service in the US offers delicious, quick, and affordable dishes.
- Wine club available
- Affordable plans and special offers
- Veggie, family, fit, quick, and other options
- No cooking experience required
- 15 recipes every week
- $ 30 off your first box
- Reduce your carbon footprint and eat healthier hassle-free
- Breakfast and lunch options ready in 5 mins
Purple Carrot makes eating plant-based easy and affordable. We know you’ll love this vegan meal delivery service.
- Cooking tips and tricks included in every box
- No extra shipping fees
- Gift cards available
- 8 plant-based delicious dinners on the weekly menu
- Discount on first week + free shipping
- Frozen meals for weight loss
- Highly health-conscious
BistroMD is the complete meal delivery plan for people who want to lose weight and adopt a healthy diet.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- In-house dieticians
- Heart-healthy, diabetes, gluten-free, menopause plans
- Gender-specific diets
- $15 off your first order
- Free delivery
- Recipes from Martha Stewart’s kitchen
18,000 meals from Martha Stewart’s archive delivered straight to your door.
- Top-quality ingredients
- Gourmet meals with 6-step recipes
- Starts at $8.20 per meal
- Free shipping
- Choose between 10 new recipes every week
- $40 off your first order
- USDA-certified organic
- Allergen-conscious menu
If you are looking for quality and healthy ingredients, GreenChef is the right meal delivery service for you
- 100% recyclable, reusable or compostable boxes
- Keto, paleo, and vegan-friendly
- Choose your favorite delivery day
- Certified gluten-free options
What Is a Meal Kit Delivery?
Is it hard to find inspiration for new recipes every week? Do you feel that grocery shopping takes up a lot of your time? With a full-time job, do you feel that spending 1+ hours in the kitchen every night just doesn’t fit your schedule? Meal kit deliveries seek to fix all of the above.
Meal Delivery Service companies strive to make sure that cooking delicious and healthy meals is fun and stress-free for everyone, from experienced cooks to amateurs. Imagine, every week, you will receive prepared meals delivered to your door including a box containing everything you need in order to prepare a gourmet meal in fast-food time:
- Fresh ingredients
- Easy-to-follow recipe cards
- Nutritional information and wine pairing suggestions
All you have to do is order your favorite recipes from the online menu, wait for the box of goodies and follow the instructions. The best part? Most dishes will be ready in under 30 minutes.
What Is the Best Meal Delivery Service?
Meal Delivery Services vary greatly. Some focus on fast and cheap meal delivery, others on inclusive, diet-friendly recipes, and some even take the stove out of the equation and promise freshly cooked and completed meals delivered to your doorstep.
Here is what to look for if you want to choose the best-prepared meal delivery service operating in your area:
- Top-quality ingredients. Look for companies that favor local, organic ingredients whenever possible and are committed to sustainable farming and fishing practices.
- Variety. The best-prepared meal delivery services offer a great variety of recipes. From vegetarian to gluten-free, from low-calorie to kid-friendly, there should be something for every palate and dietary requirement. Some may also include snacks, fruit, smoothies, and dessert.
- Transparency. You should be in control of what you order. Easy-to-read nutritional information, clearly highlighted allergens, and information on the ingredients’ sources should always be included.
- Convenience. You are probably considering a meal delivery service because you need more time to do what you love and less to devote to thinking about food. That is why the best providers deliver multiple days per week and even let you choose the delivery day that fits you best.
- Affordability. A fresh weekly meal delivery should not break the bank. Plenty of services offer free delivery, student discounts and monthly deals.
- Flexibility. Not all weeks are the same. That is why you should be able to skip a delivery, change your menu preferences and cancel your subscription hassle-free and with no extra fees. A helpful customer service team is also a must.
It is a lot to consider. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered. We have compiled detailed meal delivery service reviews that include information on menu variety, recipes, delivery policies, pricing, and even customer service — make sure to check them out!